Greek English
 
Home Page / What to know / Relegious Life / Chapel of Timios Stavros
Print this page
Chapel of Timios Stavros

The chapel of Timios Stavros is built on a prominent position and more specifically on a hill overlooking the entire village.

The chapel of Timios Stavros was built in 1625. It is a single-aisled church with a wooden ridge roof and it is built with local stone. What is worth mentioning is that the interior of the church and mainly the narthex are adorned by 16th century hagiographies. According to Karouzis*, it is not known whether the entire church was covered by hagiographies from the beginning.

Sources:

*GiorgosKarouzis, Strolling around Cyprus, Nicosia, City and District, Nicosia 2002

Testimonies by residents of the Community 

 
 
 
 July 2018

MTWTFSS
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031 
 
 
CONTACT US
 
COMMUNITY COUNCIL OF
AGIA EIRINI

Agia Eirini 2820, Λευκωσία
Tel: 22922332
Fax: 22922332
E-mail: ks.agiaeirini@yahoo.gr
 
 
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc